Globaly joining forces to Research, Explore, Document and Protect submerged cultural resources. Particular focus is given to local Maritime history and resources.
Statement of Principles
- Recognizes the non-renewable nature of cultural heritage wherever situated.
- Supports all activities that promote the recording, preservation and responsible management of the cultural heritage.
- Respects national legislations and that of international legislations, codes of practice and charters that are designed to protect the cultural heritage.
- Will use its best efforts to adopt best national and international practice in its dealings with the cultural heritage
- Does not endorse intrusive archaeological work wherever situated, unless satisfied that such intrusion is justified by sound archaeological imperatives and performed by qualified and competent people.
- Recognizes that human remains and other sensitive cultural material must be treated with respect and in accordance with the prevailing law.
- Recognizes that best efforts should be made to share the results of research with appropriate publicly accessible and permanent repositories within a reasonable time.
- Will recognize and uphold the copyright and other intellectual property rights of other researchers and where legitimate use is made of the work of other parties this will be appropriately acknowledged.
- Recognizes that best efforts should be made to encourage and educate others to take an interest in nautical archaeology and to develop their experience and skills.
- Recognizes the imperative to support activities that inform and educate a wider public about the aims and achievements of FjordExplorers.